2011年2月27日 星期日

My participation in charity work

The Potala Palace, Tibet

Hi,

I am going to give a presentation on my participation in charity work.

I am very interested in voluntary work of a charity.

I am a volunteer in World Vision. I choose this charity because I think the task is very meaningful. I assist my best friend who is also a volunteer in this charity covering the jobs of sending messages to the other members to inform them having meetings and then raising the destinations to start journeys to the poor villages in Mainland China by giving the villagers food, money and other daily materials. The activity is carried out half-yearly.

Although I am already over fifty-seven years of age, in the midst of the fourth range of the population of Hong Kong, which is between fifty to eighty years old, I consider I am proud to be one of these prosperous human resources to contribute my effort to the society.

World Vision is an international Christian relief and development organization. It aims to help children and families, provides emergency aid and tries to increase public awareness of poverty around the world. World Vision now helps over 100 million needy and poor people in 100 different countries around the world. One of the ways to help them is by child sponsorship. Of every contributor giving two hundred Hong Kong dollars monthly, one of these children is being released from poverty, having the chance of going to school to be educated.

I appreciate the opportunity of being a volunteer in this non-profitmaking organization. I enjoy it. I think I am being one of the luckiest persons in Hong Kong since I am supported by my parents, my brothers and sisters, my husband, my sons, my relatives, doctors and nurses, teachers, schoolmates as well as colleagues… etc. On the contrary, my meagre effort of showing my awareness to society is just like one of the tiniest pebbles on the huge beach.

Thank you.


Mary
8.8.2007 & 26.2.2011


沒有留言:

張貼留言